Friday, April 29, 2011

A LEGO Batman cake fit for a nine year old...

My nephew had his 9th birthday party in February a couple weeks after my daughter's 2nd birthday.  I had previously taken a short hiatus from making family cakes while I was pregnant with my daughter and during her first year of life, so my nephew was itching to have me make his cake.  His design choice?  LEGO Batman.  I quickly did a google search to get some inspiration for a design.  I decided to up the ante on this cake and make it an "extreme" version.  Watching all those Food Network cake challenges, obviously had gotten to me.  Below is a video of the "extreme" portion.  Needless to say, the cake was a hit and my nephew had a wonderful 9th birthday.

Top tier covered in Batman yellow

Bottom tier covered in Batman black. The four holes are the shot glasses I inserted into the cake.  They will be part of the "extreme" feature later.

Stacked cakes with airbrush flames

LEGO Batman cake topper starting to come together

The city skyline on top tier

Manhole covers to hide the shot glasses

"Happy Birthday Colton" in the LEGO Batman font

The finished product




Thought this "extreme" feature of fog using dry ice would fit with LEGO Batman being a mysterious character in dark Gotham city.  The kids loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment