Friday, April 29, 2011

It's Jack's Big Music Show!

My daughter had her second birthday in February and she is a HUGE Jack's Big Music Show fan (a show on Nick Jr.).  So, I thought it would be appropriate to make her a JBMS theme cake.  I usually try to incorporate at least one new technique in each cake that I make, so I decided this cake would be a topsy turvy.  It was actually a lot easier to make than I originally thought.  I was very pleased with how it turned out.  I wish I would have had more time to work on the characters, but since I work full-time and only have limited time to make my cakes I had to take some short-cuts to have the cake done before the party.  All in all, I really liked the final product.

Here are some pictures of the cake at various stages of the process and also the finished product.

Each of the three tiers stacked, carved and crumb-coated

Top tier covered in fondant

Middle tier covered in fondant

Bottom tier covered in fondant

All tiers airbrushed and stacked

First character completed - one of the Schwartzman Quartet

Side view of the almost completed cake - trying to determine letter placement

The finished product

Charater close-up - Jack, Mary, Mel and the Schwartzman Quartet!

No comments:

Post a Comment