Friday, April 29, 2011

In the beginning there was cake...

It's official - I'm a blogger!  I thought this would be a great way for me to share with friends, family and potential clients my cake creations, the development process and the triumphs (and failures) along the way.  I welcome you to join this journey with me and hope you enjoy what you will see here.

Since I don't believe one can back-date posts, I am including within this post a number of my past cake creations from before 2011.  Enjoy!
 
Close-up of the sculpted lovie on the cake
 
The "real" lovie next to the sculpted one.

 
1st birthday cake for my daughter.  Her lovie is a small cow stuffed animal, so the theme for her party was pink/orange and cow!  Three tier fondant cake with a sculpted fondant cow inspired by the lovie cow.

 
1st birthday cake made for a friend in 2009 - Elmo theme.  Elmo is made from rice cereal treats covered in fondant and piping-work.  Elmo holds the smash cake for the birthday girl designed to be Elmo's pet fish in her fishbowl.

 
6th birthday cake for my nephew - 2008.  All fondant work with airbrushed flames on the side.


Football field birthday cake for my nephew for his 5th birthday - 2007.  His birthday party happened to be on the Super Bowl that year when the Bears played the Colts.  The bleachers were made by covering stacked cardboard with fondant.



 
Birthday cake for my niece - Strawberry Shortcake Mansion.  I think this was back in 2006 too.  All fondant work.




4th birthday cake I made for my nephew in 2006.  Free-hand piping of Buzz Lightyear.  Didn't turn out too bad.






Train cake made for a friend's son's birthday in 2006.

3rd birthday cake for my nephew - Nemo theme.  Made this cake back in 2005.  I cut out the Nemo shape and then free-hand piped the frosting.



Care Bear cake I made for a friend early on when I first started cake decorating in 2005.  This was all star piping work.


No comments:

Post a Comment