Monday, May 2, 2011

I need a kettlebell, a tractor tire and a rope...

...was the request from a cliet for a 40th birthday cake.  Sounds a little odd, right?  I think this cake turned out awesome.  This opportunity was passed on to me from a friend and I gratefully accepted the challenge.  The birthday girl is a personal trainer and they utilize kettlebells, large tractor tires and various ropes in their training.  It was decided to add on 24 carrot-ginger cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, which I topped with gumpaste carrots.  The client seemed very pleased with the end result and I was so happy to have been able to create this cake for her birthday.

Cake board covered in fondant to look like the client's wood gym floor

Tractor tire cake


Different view of tractor tire cake showing treads

Fondant rope draped over tractor tire cake

The start to the kettlebell cake

Kettlebell cake with weight, I mean age marking ;-)

Kettlebell cake on top of tractor tire cake

With piped happy birthday message...only need the kettlebell handle


Finished cake with handle

24 carrot-ginger cupcakes


Close-up of the gumpaste carrots

Finished table presentation


4 comments:

  1. Hello, where are you located?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer not to disclose my location. Why do you ask?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a Cavalier Cakes on Vancouver Island.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi T - I saw the website for Cavalier Cakes on Vancouver Island - wonderful cake work! I decided to modify the name of my blog as to not cause any confusion for them. Thank you for letting me know!

      Delete